So my local news site Stuff launched their much anticipated version 3 this week. I met with Stuff’s Advertising and Marketing Manager, Kirsty Harmon this morning and gave her the following bulleted feedback. Nice to deal with people who can take on board suggestions. Feel free to add your own.
- “Ad feedback” – Is nice but should only appear when ads are hosted.
- Contextual ads – Feel right. The copy is too close to the image though.
- Nice use of blue links and spacing.
- No Billboard banner across the homepage. Good. In my experience people just scroll past those – esp if they’re dynamic.
- Links at footer around the homepage but they need to be in the footer of the content pages (point noted by friend)
- Wondering if top right could become a 200×80 ad that could extend the offer from Trade me. Deal would be that it has to be static so it doesn’t affect the logo or navigation. Would make it easier for ad agencies who need to produce a dozen different ads for optimum reach with each campaign.
- No mobile site yet…